Drive.com.au (Drive) is a highly influential and trusted leader in the Australian new car space, owning the three key areas of commentary, comparison, and commerce.
Our content team are the sole creative and editorial decision-makers on what is written and published, independent of any corporate or commercial views.
Every day our team of experienced motoring journalists provides the latest industry news, comprehensive reviews, and comparisons of new cars, car advice to consumers and opinion on what’s happening and what’s important in the automotive industry.
At Drive, we work to uphold the high journalism standards outlined by the Australian Press Council in all our editorial content. These are the guidelines we follow:
The General Principles
Accuracy and clarity
1. Ensure that factual material in news reports and elsewhere is accurate and not misleading, and is distinguishable from other material such as opinion.
2. Provide a correction or other adequate remedial action if published material is significantly inaccurate or misleading.
Fairness and balance
3. Ensure that factual material is presented with reasonable fairness and balance and that writers’ expressions of opinion are not based on significantly inaccurate factual material or omission of key facts.
4. Ensure that where material refers adversely to a person, a fair opportunity is given for subsequent publication of a reply if that is reasonably necessary to address a possible breach of General Principle 3.
Privacy and avoidance of harm
5. Avoid intruding on a person’s reasonable expectations of privacy, unless doing so is sufficiently in the public interest.
6. Avoid causing or contributing materially to substantial offense, distress or prejudice, or a substantial risk to health or safety, unless doing so is sufficiently in the public interest.
Integrity and transparency
7. Avoid publishing material that has been gathered by deceptive or unfair means, unless doing so is sufficiently in the public interest.
8. Ensure that conflicts of interest are avoided or adequately disclosed and that they do not influence published material.
We are committed to protecting and maintaining your privacy and we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). As part of our business operations we may collect your personal information.
Drive.com.au offers advertisers a highly targeted audience of in-market car buyers. We support transparent brand-based advertising solutions through desktop, mobile and video. Find out more
Our team replying to emails are the same journalists working tirelessly to produce the hundreds of expert stories that appear on Drive each month, along with our video content, television, and radio segments.
For corrections, complaints or to provide other editorial feedback, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Content: James Ward
Managing Editor: Trent Nikolic
More information on the Drive journalist team can be found here